Each project should:
- Integrate with the existing design of the space, updating select areas of the Innovation Center based on thoughtful evaluation and identification of design opportunity (view images and floor plan here)
- Meet the Booz Allen Hamilton branding guidelines and standards (view branding guidelines here)
- Fit within budgetary requirements (range of $25,000- $50,000)
- Clearly define the sustainable principles integrated in the design, incorporating as many components of the Fitwel criteria as possible
- Demonstrate innovative design, creative concepts, and thoughtful design solutions as they pertain to a workplace
- Convey the design solution through written and graphic communication
- Include at least two of the Daltile products below. Appropriate use of the Daltile product(s) is a requirement, and entries using competitive tile, countertop, slab, or natural stone brands will not be considered.
- Ambassador™ Stone Attaché™ Collection – ColorBody™ Porcelain
- Amity™ Glass Wall & Mosaic
- Artigiano™ Glazed Ceramic
- Bee Hive™ ColorBody™ Porcelain
- Brickwork™ Paver Tile with Reveal Imaging®
- Consulate™ Stone Attaché™ Collection – ColorBody™ Porcelain
- Cove Creek™ Glazed Porcelain Floor & Glazed Ceramic Mosaic with Reveal Imaging®
- Dignitary™ Stone Attaché™ Collection – ColorBody™ Porcelain
- Fabric Art™ ColorBody™ Porcelain with Reveal Imaging®
- Gaineswood™ Glazed Porcelain with Reveal Imaging®
- Haut Monde™ Stone Attaché™ Collection – ColorBody™ Porcelain
- Idyllic Blends™ Glass, Stone & LVT Mosaic
- Infinite Mirage™ Metal & Stone Mosaics
- Ironcraft™ ColorBody™ Porcelain with Reveal Imaging®
- Lucent Skies™ Glass & Aluminum Mosaics
- Marble Attaché™ ColorBody™ Porcelain with Reveal Imaging®
- Natural Stone Tile & Slabs
- ONE Quartz Surfaces®
- Panoramic Porcelain Surfaces™
- Regal Pendant™ Glass & Stone Mosaics
- Saddle Brook™ Glazed Porcelain with Reveal Imaging®
- Saddle Brook XT™ Glazed Porcelain with StepWise™ Technology
- Season Wood™ ColorBody™ Porcelain
- Severino™ Glazed Ceramic with Reveal Imaging®
- Volume 1.0™ Glazed Porcelain with StepWise™ Technology
- Willow Bend™ Glazed Porcelain with Reveal Imaging®
- Woodbridge™ Glazed Porcelain Floor & Glazed Ceramic Mosaic with Reveal Imaging®
- Vintage Hex™ Glass Mosaics with Reveal Imaging®
- Yorkwood Manor™ Glazed Porcelain with Reveal Imaging®
- Design Brief (500 words max.) – Project description of the student’s overall design, and details about how the student addressed the project challenges, including how well the student:
- Redesigned the existing space and identified areas of opportunity
- Incorporated the theme concept and the Fitwel requirements
- Met budgetary requirements ($25,000- $50,000 limit) and explained the process for determining how budget would be spent throughout the space
- Design Concept (11x17 PDF) – Clearly outlining all Daltile products used within design (view past examples here)
- Current transcript clearly displaying courses and the accredited college or university name
- Each document should be composed of vector art and/or raster images. Raster images should be at a resolution no less than 200 dpi and no greater than 300 dpi to maintain both visual clarity and manageable file sizes.
- Project may be hand drawn, computer generated, or a combination of both.
- Notations and labeling must be clear and legible in simple type font.
- All submissions must be from individual entrants; submissions from teams of two or more entrants will not be accepted.
To compete for the Daltile Interior Design Scholarship, you must be an undergraduate student studying interior design (or a related major) at an accredited college or university. Freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior students are eligible.
Any design student enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university may apply. Non-U.S citizens may be subject to additional taxes, which will decrease the total prize awarded.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any limitations on square footage?
The space you design must fit within the existing building square footage.
Where do I submit my entries?
Entries may be submitted beginning August 15, 2017 at daltiledesign.com.
What Daltile products can I use in my design?
You must use at least two products from the list of featured Daltile products (see above), but you are encouraged to use multiple product lines. Any Daltile products can be used.
Can I use non-Daltile brand tile and natural stone products within my design?
You may only use Daltile tile and natural stone products within your design. Entries using tile or natural stone from competitive brands will be automatically disqualified.
When is the deadline for entries?
The entry period has been extended to all students due to any students impacted by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, and is open through October 13, 2017. All entries must be submitted by at 11:59 (PST) on Friday, October 13, 2017.
Is the use of 3D visualization and documentation software permitted?
Yes, software use is permitted and encouraged.
I am a graduate student, can I compete in the Daltile Interior Design Scholarship?
To compete in the Daltile Interior Design Scholarship, you must be an undergraduate student studying interior design (or a related major) at an accredited college or university. Freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior students are eligible.
What can the scholarship money be used for?
Prizes are awarded in the form of scholarships, which are to be used for funding of tuition, books, or other educational or living expenses associated with the interior design program at a college or university.